Individuals who have suffered a stroke will have a range of symptoms that can affect motor, sensory, cognition and vision. You may have residual deficits that can be permanent or temporary. You should not drive until cleared by a physician.
The following will be carefully considered when participating in a fitness to drive assessment.
- Range of Motion/Strength of Extremities
- Muscle Tone
- Processing Speed
- Visual abilities including scanning and tracking
Our therapists will carefully evaluate your abilities and devise a comprehensive plan of care that will allow you to compensate for the loss of use of a limb(s) using a combination of auto adaptive equipment and techniques (when appropriate).
At the Driver Rehabilitation Center of Excellence, our mission is to provide you with the highest quality individualized services, so that together we will find the best solution to meet your unique driving and community mobility needs. Our goal is to maximize your independence allowing you to reach your greatest potential.
- Buying a Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle? You MUST Know This First!January 29, 2024 - 3:05 pm
- Towing with Your Wheelchair Accessible VehicleFebruary 28, 2024 - 12:43 pm
- Blink and You’d Miss Them! Installation Highlight: Sure Grip Featherlite Push/Rock with Brake Lock and A Spinner KnobJuly 28, 2023 - 3:22 pm
- Professional network promoting excellence in the field of driver rehabilitationApril 5, 2022 - 3:42 pm