Our goal is to help you begin necessary conversations with your family and your health care team regarding how your medical condition(s) may affect driving. Certain medical conditions are linked to driver impairment.
Your Condition and Driving
A diagnosis alone is often not a reason to stop driving.* It is important to discuss how your diagnosis could affect your ability to drive safely with your family and medical team. You will want to keep yourself and others around you safe.
This list does not include all medical conditions that could impair driving.
This section includes information gathered from a variety of sources including:
- The Association for Driver Rehabilitation Specialists (ADED) http://www.aded.net
- The American Occupational Therapy Association, Inc. (AOTA) http://www.aota.org/
- Clinician’s Guide to Assessing and Counseling Older Drivers, 3rd Edition An Update of the Physician’s Guide to Assessing and Counseling Older Drivers
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Association (NHTSA) www.nhtsa.gov
- The Hartford Center for Mature Market Excellence https://www.thehartford.com/resources/mature-market-excellence
*DISCLAIMER: This Information is intended for general educational purposes and should not replace medical advice or legal restrictions. If you are experiencing symptoms that are incompatible with safe driving you should cease driving and seek medical attention and advice.
At the Driver Rehabilitation Center of Excellence, our mission is to provide you with the highest quality individualized services, so that together we will find the best solution to meet your unique driving and community mobility needs. Our goal is to maximize your independence allowing you to reach your greatest potential.
- Professional network promoting excellence in the field of driver rehabilitationApril 5, 2022 - 3:42 pm
- Membership moves you forward, fuels your passionApril 5, 2022 - 3:40 pm
- The Leader in Wheelchair Vehicles & Mobility SolutionsApril 5, 2022 - 3:39 pm
- NMEDA: Automotive Mobility Done RightApril 5, 2022 - 3:38 pm