CP is considered a neurological disorder caused by a non-progressive brain injury or malformation that occurs while the brain is under development. Individuals with CP will present with a varying degree of impairments and function.
The following will be carefully considered when participating in a fitness to drive assessment.
- Range of Motion/Strength of Extremities
- Startle Reflex
- Muscle Tone
- Processing Speed
- Visual abilities including scanning and tracking
If you or someone you know is experiencing any of these situations; you should discuss them with your physician and consider a comprehensive driving evaluation. A pre-driving assessment for new drivers is also recommended.
At the Driver Rehabilitation Center of Excellence, our mission is to provide you with the highest quality individualized services, so that together we will find the best solution to meet your unique driving and community mobility needs. Our goal is to maximize your independence allowing you to reach your greatest potential.
- Professional network promoting excellence in the field of driver rehabilitationApril 5, 2022 - 3:42 pm
- Membership moves you forward, fuels your passionApril 5, 2022 - 3:40 pm
- The Leader in Wheelchair Vehicles & Mobility SolutionsApril 5, 2022 - 3:39 pm
- NMEDA: Automotive Mobility Done RightApril 5, 2022 - 3:38 pm
Fax: (703) 378-4900
14101 Parke Long Ct.
Chantilly, VA 20151