This is a category of diseases or illness that in most cases are expected to worsen over time. Some of these conditions can be slowed by medical therapy. It is very important to monitor function as symptoms evolve or progress. Careful and consistent monitoring of overall function is critical to safe driving ability.
Examples of conditions that fall into this category include:
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS or Lou Gehrig’s Disease)
Driving Recommendations for each of these diagnoses must be based on your current and future abilities. It is possible that you can continue to drive safely by using auto adaptive equipment and/or techniques may be recommended to increase function and safety.
At the Driver Rehabilitation Center of Excellence, our mission is to provide you with the highest quality individualized services, so that together we will find the best solution to meet your unique driving and community mobility needs. Our goal is to maximize your independence allowing you to reach your greatest potential.
- Professional network promoting excellence in the field of driver rehabilitationApril 5, 2022 - 3:42 pm
- Membership moves you forward, fuels your passionApril 5, 2022 - 3:40 pm
- The Leader in Wheelchair Vehicles & Mobility SolutionsApril 5, 2022 - 3:39 pm
- NMEDA: Automotive Mobility Done RightApril 5, 2022 - 3:38 pm