Implications for driver assessment and driver training:
- Difficulty passing written driving test
- Difficulty learning rules of the road
- Difficulty interpreting visual information
- Difficulty with directionality – gets lost easily
- Decreased eye, hand and foot coordination
- Difficulty sequencing a task
This population is generally new drivers. Strategies that must be addressed are: visual search, commentary driving, grading experiences, teaching them to route find, prolonged training, involving parents/guardians in training
Not all will be successful.
At the Driver Rehabilitation Center of Excellence, our mission is to provide you with the highest quality individualized services, so that together we will find the best solution to meet your unique driving and community mobility needs. Our goal is to maximize your independence allowing you to reach your greatest potential.
- Blink and You’d Miss Them! Installation Highlight: Sure Grip Featherlite Push/Rock with Brake Lock and A Spinner KnobJuly 28, 2023 - 3:22 pm
- Professional network promoting excellence in the field of driver rehabilitationApril 5, 2022 - 3:42 pm
- Membership moves you forward, fuels your passionApril 5, 2022 - 3:40 pm
- The Leader in Wheelchair Vehicles & Mobility SolutionsApril 5, 2022 - 3:39 pm