Spina Bifida is a spinal cord disorder caused by failure of the vertebral column to close. Spina bifida usually occurs in the low back and extends over several vertebral segments.
The following will be carefully considered when participating in a fitness to drive assessment.
- Muscle strength/tone
- Physical limitations
- Range of Motion
- Postural control
A driver rehabilitation evaluation will examine the strengths and weaknesses of each individual as related to the driving task. The goal is independent, safe driving. No modifications or vehicle selection should be made until the person has completed a driver evaluation.
The assessment should include:
- Functional ability
- Behind-the-wheel evaluation
At the Driver Rehabilitation Center of Excellence, our mission is to provide you with the highest quality individualized services, so that together we will find the best solution to meet your unique driving and community mobility needs. Our goal is to maximize your independence allowing you to reach your greatest potential.
- Professional network promoting excellence in the field of driver rehabilitationApril 5, 2022 - 3:42 pm
- Membership moves you forward, fuels your passionApril 5, 2022 - 3:40 pm
- The Leader in Wheelchair Vehicles & Mobility SolutionsApril 5, 2022 - 3:39 pm
- NMEDA: Automotive Mobility Done RightApril 5, 2022 - 3:38 pm