Dwarfism is a disorder that causes disproportionately short stature. Usually this means that a person has an average sized trunk and very short limbs or a short trunk but large limbs.
The following will be carefully considered when participating in a fitness to drive assessment.
- Joint stiffness
- Hand deformities
- Hip dislocations
- Limb length discrepancies or shortened length
A driver rehabilitation evaluation will examine the strengths and weaknesses of each individual as related to the driving task. Implications for driver assessment and driver training include:
- They may need pedal extensions or hand controls
- They may need seat adaptations
- They may need steering adaptations (spinner knob, column extension, reduced diameter steering wheel)
- They may need seat belt accommodations
At the Driver Rehabilitation Center of Excellence, our mission is to provide you with the highest quality individualized services, so that together we will find the best solution to meet your unique driving and community mobility needs. Our goal is to maximize your independence allowing you to reach your greatest potential.
- Professional network promoting excellence in the field of driver rehabilitationApril 5, 2022 - 3:42 pm
- Membership moves you forward, fuels your passionApril 5, 2022 - 3:40 pm
- The Leader in Wheelchair Vehicles & Mobility SolutionsApril 5, 2022 - 3:39 pm
- NMEDA: Automotive Mobility Done RightApril 5, 2022 - 3:38 pm
Fax: (703) 378-4900
14101 Parke Long Ct.
Chantilly, VA 20151