When your solution includes training we will provide services based on the recommendations of the evaluating therapist. We will provide on road training using auto adaptive equipment or techniques. These services are custom tailored to meet your needs.
If you are prescribed auto adaptive equipment we want to ensure that you have the time necessary to become proficient and can operate that equipment safely and independently.
You must have a valid driver’s license or permit to participate in behind the wheel (in-vehicle) instruction. You will complete training in one of our facilities vehicles that will be set up for your specific needs.
Your treatment plan will be customized to your specific driving rehab needs.
Our vehicles have a training brake so that our driving rehab specialists will be able to optimize safety during your sessions. You will work through all the skills that are needed for safe/independent driving including:
- Transferring into and out of the vehicle
- Loading/unloading wheelchair
- Operation of primary controls (gas/brake/steering)
- Operation of secondary controls (blinkers/horn/dimmer/windshield wipers)
- Driving in all traffic environments
- Decision making/judgements
At the Driver Rehabilitation Center of Excellence, our mission is to provide you with the highest quality individualized services, so that together we will find the best solution to meet your unique driving and community mobility needs. Our goal is to maximize your independence allowing you to reach your greatest potential.
- Professional network promoting excellence in the field of driver rehabilitationApril 5, 2022 - 3:42 pm
- Membership moves you forward, fuels your passionApril 5, 2022 - 3:40 pm
- The Leader in Wheelchair Vehicles & Mobility SolutionsApril 5, 2022 - 3:39 pm
- NMEDA: Automotive Mobility Done RightApril 5, 2022 - 3:38 pm