Autism is a spectrum condition. This means that there are varying degrees of severity. Anyone diagnosed with a spectrum disorder should discuss driving with their health care professionals and consider a pre-driving assessment before learning to drive. The following areas can be affected and will be carefully considered when participating in a fitness to drive assessment.
- Impaired social skills
- Information process
- Impaired motor skills
- Impaired executive functioning
- Decreased mental flexibility
- Difficulty accurately interpreting verbal and nonverbal information
At the Driver Rehabilitation Center of Excellence, our mission is to provide you with the highest quality individualized services, so that together we will find the best solution to meet your unique driving and community mobility needs. Our goal is to maximize your independence allowing you to reach your greatest potential.
- Professional network promoting excellence in the field of driver rehabilitationApril 5, 2022 - 3:42 pm
- Membership moves you forward, fuels your passionApril 5, 2022 - 3:40 pm
- The Leader in Wheelchair Vehicles & Mobility SolutionsApril 5, 2022 - 3:39 pm
- NMEDA: Automotive Mobility Done RightApril 5, 2022 - 3:38 pm